Boston, MA – The Boston Cannons began Saturday’s game against the Atlanta Blaze with an early 4-0 lead. However, the Blaze were able to use two 2-point goals in the third quarter to even the score, and eventually took the lead in the fourth quarter. Atlanta then held off a late push by the Cannons to earn the victory.
The Cannons had some good performances from Davey Emala and Kyle Jackson, who both finished the night with two goals. Kylor Bellistri and Joe Nardella each had two goals as well.
Mitch Belisle led the defense with six groundballs. Matt Bertrams and Chris Hipps both had strong showings tonight as well.
It was a bittersweet end to a frustrating season for the Cannons, but the team is ready to build for the 2018 season.
PLAYERS OF NOTE:
– Davey Emala had two goals
– Kyle Jackson had two goals
– Luke Goldstock scored twice
– Mitch Belisle picked up 6 groundballs
– Brodie Merrill scored his first goal of the season
– Joe Nardella won 17 faceoffs
– Tyler Fiorito made 17 saves