New England D3 Report, Week 8
Another Big Week for Tufts
It’s beginning to sound like a broken record, the Tufts Jumbos scored two big wins highlighted by some offensive fireworks. Beau Wood, Cole Bailey and company beat a solid Endicott team out of the CCC 18-13. They followed that up with a 25-12 beatdown of Amherst in NESCAC action. They have three NESCAC games remaining and they will look to lock up the number one seed.
Wesleyan may have other ideas. The Cardinals have had a rough time ooc, but right now they sit atop the NESCAC standings. They will travel to Tufts this Saturday in a huge matchup.
Elsewhere in the NESCAC Bowdoin had a very tough week dropping two games to Colby and Wesleyan. That gives the Polar Bears three losses and likely takes them out of consideration for the top seed.
WNE takes out RWU, Endicott upcoming
Last week Western New England made a huge statement at Roger Williams, beating the Hawks 13-5. The Golden Bears broke open a 5-4 halftime game with some outstanding outside shooting. Adam Knapton led the way with a 3g, 2a effort. Brandon Body also made some clutch saves. This week they will hit the road again to take on Endicott. The Nest is a tough venue and the game will more than likely decide the home field in the CCC playoffs.
Keene St. takes Little East Showdown over EConn
Once again this year The Little East will more than likely come down to Keene St. an Eastern CT. This past weeks matchup would likely decide home field for their postseason matchup. The Owls came away with an impressive 11-6 road victory. If EConn wants to return to the NCAA tourney it will more than like take a road that leads through Keene NH.
- Cole Bailey Tufts: Jumbo attackman shot 8 for 14 and dished out 7 assists in wins over Endicott and Amherst.
- Beau Wood Tufts: Shot 9 for 25 and had 5 assists for good measure for the Jumbos
- Adam Knapton WNE: The Senior shot 3 for 4 and had 2 assists in Golden Bear win over CCC rival RWU
1. Tufts (10-2), W Endicott 18-13, w Amherst 25-12
2. Springfield (9-2), W Middlebury 14-12, W Mass Mar 18-4
3. Amherst (9-3), W Conn Coll 17-6, L Tufts 25-12
4. Wesleyan (10-3), W Trinity 11-6, W Bowdoin 11-10
5. Endicott (10-3), L Tufts 18-13, W SRU 14-8
6. Bowdoin (9-4), L Colby 11-7, L Wesleyan 11-10
7. Williams (7-5), L Ham 9-6, W Colby 10-7
8. Conn College (8-5), L Amh 17-6, W Hamilton 13-10
9. Western New England (6-6)
10. Middlebury (6-6), L 14-12 Springfield, W Trinity 15-4
11. Colby(6-6), W Bowdoin 11-7, L Williams 10-7
12. Keene St (4-6)
13. Hamilton (4-9), W Williams 9-6, L Conn Coll 13-10
14. Roger Williams (11-3), L WNE 13-5, W Curry 12-5
15. Bates (4-6)
16. EConn (6-5)
17. Trinity (3-9), L Wes 11-6, L Midd 15-4
18. Babson (8-5), W NEC 16-5, W Emerson 18-0
19. Salve Regina (10-4), W Nichols 18-12, L Endicott 14-8
20. Umass Dartmouth (9-3), W Mass Mart 7-2, W USM 13-3