The weather is getting warmer, classes are ending, finals are coming and there are AQ’s on the line in the next couple of weeks. Will there be any Pool C bids given out? Only time will tell. This coming week both the NESCAC and CCC will begin their conference tourneys. The NESCAC by far is the toughest to handicap. But I still project only two NESCAC’s making the NCAA’s this season. It really looks like two of the Tufts, Middlebury, Conn College trio will make it. Although in my eyes Middlebury is in the best position. One thing you can count on is really close games and maybe an upset or two.
Endicott has earned the #1 seed in the CCC with their win over WNE, Roger Williams is also lurking.
The Little East and Pilgrim finish up regular season over the weekend. Game to watch is Babson @ Springfield, for #1 seed in the Pilgrim.
Another team worth watching is Castleton St., they enter the list for the first time will likely play New England College for North Atlantic AQ. Here is final regular season New England D3 top 20
- Middlebury (12-2), two one goal losses, face Amherst in 1st round NESCAC
- Tufts (11-4), do they need AQ? Bates in 1st round NESCAC
- Conn College (11-3), Looking for revenge vs. Hamilton in round one
- Keene St (12-2), winners of six In a row, Little East favorites
- Endicott (12-5), huge win over WNE gives Gulls #1 seed
- Wesleyan (11-4), strong defense all season
- Hamilton (9-5), have won five in a row, dangerous team
- Bates (7-6), best season in recent memory
- Western New England (9-6), first round CCC bye
- Bowdoin (8-6), 21-6 to Tufts…Huh. More than capable of beating Wes
- Amherst (5-9), do you believe in miracles?
- Springfield (7-7) finish regular season Sat vs. Babson
- Williams (5-8) no soup for you
- Colby (6-9) no soup for you either
- Trinity (5-10) see ya next year
- Babson (9-6), is this the year to knock out Springfield?
- Roger Williams (8-6), Wentworth in first round of CCC
- Eastern Ct (7-7), Little East title will salvage rough season
- UNew England (12-4), great season rematch with Endicott on the horizon
- Castleton St (12-3) who are these guys?, North Atlantic #1 seed
This is our final 3 Stars and is a season list, these three may not be the best players in New England but they have had a major impact on their teams throughout the course of the year.
3rd Star: Bobby Bleistein G, Conn College: Gaudy 66% save percentage for the Camels this season. Hoping to lead the Camels to NESCAC title and NCAA berth.
2nd Star: Jon Broome A, Middlebury: Crafty lefty led Panthers w 36g, 10a in his freshman year leading a turn around from last year’s disappointing season.
1st Star Sam Ozycz M/FO Endicott: 74.5% F/O for the season, 27/28 against Western New England. He could be best in the nation, first team AA contender. Pro prospect.
Odds and Ends:
Our fearless predictions for NESCAC first round are:
Tufts over Bates
Middlebury over Amherst
Conn College over Hamilton…..I think
Bowdoin over Wesleyan.